Sunday, September 2, 2007

Love marriage and arranged marriage.......

I wrote this as a comment on my friends Blog.....
To read the whole thing go to http://nextbot.blogspot.com/ and read the title "mom, i love her , can i bring her home"
( and I fogot where i'd out the paragraph breakes... So it's just one big clumped jumble of words.. please try to decipher. )

Being a Christian ( though my fist name alone may suggest differently) , I’ve heard all through my liveSermons and extracts and quotes and teachings and whatnot saying the basic principle of Christianity is based on love. But the moment a someone heard the word “love” they flip tops and go on a rampage, trampling you underfoot ( if u happened to be the one mentioning the before said word .. even if u’re not, but u just happened to over hear the conversation also u’ll be trampled, so no use thinking it ok as long as u don’t say that word first) .

Never could understand it. I have tried to , and wanted to debate it out with some pedantic dilettante ( make u go running for the lexicon, doesn’t it ? I always wanted to do that) that the love the Holy Book says is not just to be preached but also to be practiced. That the love and tolerance is not just a topic for sunday morning sermons. But never got a chance to do that. Love has always been a topic of controversy. How do you love someone? Not for any of the reason that you marry a person in an arranged marriage, certainly. What do you look for when u go n marry someone who comes out of the blue, just coz your aunty’s cousin’s sister’s brother-in-law knows her ( feminists can also read this as his, I’m writing from my point of view so please replace him with her, wherever u want to do so ) father’s brother. I’d have quoted a simile for arranged marriage, but I restrain myself. But I think it is just like taking a lottery ticket and ur parents telling you that “Son, don’t worry we’ve bought u the winning ticket , we know the winning ticket by sight alone. So just go ahead any but it”. Seems sorta foolish, if u put it this way doesn’t it?. And It’s foolish too. I am not just supporting one side of the argument, Love too has it’s pit falls, but u know that It’s worth all the pit falls. What happens when your arranged marriage fails? You pay the price for someone elses’s choice ? To me it dosen’t seem fair, that your mom n dad (mostly mom ) gets to choose who you have to marry, just coz she didn’t get to choose when it was her time. I mean she can choose some one who’s appealing to her, but what about u? ( I have nothing against mothers mind u, I love mine just as much as anyone of u would or even more) . Wait for your chance to exercise your rights, when it time for your children to marry? ( A Note of warning, don’t think your children at their time will let u choose.. I’m sure the world will have seen the light by then. I mean we cant be in the dark ages for ever, can we? )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved the way you have put down your thoughts in a lighter way...though this is the most controversial issue ever...

Shinoob backer said...

one thing i want 2 make notice with ur blog is dat make it simple...i meant de words you using ...it may be ur style...while i as reading ur blog i kept a dictioanry with me....

abt de matter...

you did it in a nice way....

WolverinE said...

the reason why this one had some stiff words was tht, i'd written it to get back at some one's comment in a frnds blog.. :) i just had to use them ..


And later on.. My Gre taught me wrds taht ahve to be used in some situation.. words that can correctly express a feeling.. so teh posts after this one has some big words too..

Anonymous said...

Find another interesting piece of article: http://www.matrimonyxpress.com/2007/10/singles/are-love-marriage-passe-and-arranged-marriages-back-in-vogue/