Sunday, October 12, 2008

Being American

Time : 2.17 am .. US time :D
11.48 Am India..

I know that conversion even in my sleep now a days..

What am i doing Up so late... I dont know..
cant seem to get sleep now-a-days.. ( may be i shud say now-a-nights...)
it's too late , even for a late jet lag.. It's been one month and 5 days..
One month. ? I say that to myself outloud and all i can think is , Damn!! only one month ?
The first week dragged.. The second crawled..( isnt crawling faster than draggin ?)
and i walked a hell lot on the second week... U think how bad is 'a hell lot' ? Lets just say
i had blisters the size of a baseball ( Wot the hell, i'm in america.. i shud blend in , right? ) and
my jeans seemed a few sizes too big (Really!! ) by the end of day one of week two.

Why did i walk that much... Accomodation.. Yeah, i found it..
The only reason i stop myself from having a heart attack, thinking about the rent i pay ,is by thinking about the money that i'd have to spend in a hospital if i do have a heart attack..

And i met a mallu, who didnt want to share my apt ( yeah looking for more ppl.. more ppl.. more fun..less rent :D ) coz one of the guys staying with me is from our neighbouring country..
Mr. Mallu said "it'll be hard if an India-pak war breaks out"
What? Kid, war dosent mean all indians n pakistanis all over the world fight with each other!!!
( yeah, i'm not scared!! I'm bigger than my roomie :D )

And , to buy anything u have to use a calculator to convert the Price to Rupees..
I think i'll get an indigesion thinking that the slice of bread i ate was worth 5 Rs...
( yes single slice )
Now, wait.. I cant have indigesion.. I cant throw up a 5 rs bread Slice.....
And i think i'm gonna stop going through my 'morning Routines'..
That shit is damn costly.. Literally..

Electronics is cheap though.. it's like 2/3 the price..
May be i should start eating those....

What else is there.. that that should be here..
hmm...

Ofcourse... The Haircut...
I kinda like my hair.. I i like that fact that it is up there on my head..
But after getting a haircut i wished i were bald..
500 Rs.. Haircut..And it was the shadiest, lowliest, shabbiest ( read cheapest)
shop i could find..
I hear ppl spend upto 500 $ ( not converting to indian Rs incase i get the dreaded heartattack)

'Cherakkan poo' ennu parayunathu oru theri anenanuu njan vicharichirunathu..

( i cant really transilate that into English without loosing the essence of it... But still ..
"I was thinking 'why dont u go be a barber' was derrogatory.." )
All i could tell the barber ( i dont think i shud really call him that.. may be "his-higness"..) was
"Make it short..really really short..much as you can.... Just dont cut off anyscalp , that's all.... (Yeah... hospital.. otherwise i would have considered ....)

Have u heard that the american economy is receeding ?
U can really tell..
By looking at the way they dress.. especially the girls.. Poor things...


All part of being american ?
i'd rather stay indian..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

njan appozhe paranjathalle americakku onnum pokendannu.
Ethayalum vayichittu enikku chiri vannu kto